programs and inservices
I continue to be very interested in talking with parents, teachers, and family life professionals about courage, how it originates, and how it changes throughout a person's life.
If you live in Kansas, contact your county extension office (typically listed under county government) and ask the family and consumer sciences agent to schedule me for a visit with your group. I would visit your Kansas community as a guest of this agent and costs would be minimal (possibly travel expenses depending on location and time). Here are a few alternatives:
1. A 1-2 hour presentation for parents, youth and family professionals (parent educators, teachers, and other professionals and volunteers who work with young people).
2. A twenty minute to one-hour presentation to parents and teens about the relationship between fear, courage, heroism, and spirituality.
3. A one-hour school assembly for elementary, middle school, and junior high youth.
4. A six-hour in-service or early childhood, elementary and middle school teachers.
5. A six-hour in-service for family life and youth professionals.
You can examine a PDF file includes a more detailed description of each of these programs.
Second, if you have an event, workshop, or a meeting and would like me to talk by phone with your group for up to 60 minutes, contact me to arrange a conference call. Unless those who are attending have payed a registration fee, the only cost to you would be the expense of the call. Here are a few requirements: you must contact me by email using your institution address; inform me as to whether a fee is being charged to participants for the event, provide a date for an event that is already scheduled, commit to a topic related to courage and children, and confirm that you will have a speaker phone and the capability for anyone in the audience to ask questions so I can hear them clearly. Be sure to consult my travel schedule to determine whether I am available on the date you need. There are no requirements for the size of your group, though this may change at any time.