February 15, 2023
Team registration open for annual Gates Capital Management Stock Pitch Challenge
The College of Business Administration's finance department invites Kansas State University students to put their stock analysis skills to the test with $11,000 in prize money on the line in the sixth annual K-State Stock Pitch Competition.
The competition, sponsored by Gates Capital Management, is open to all K-State students from any major or college. To compete, teams consisting of two to four students will research their best stock investment idea. The analysis will need to consider both the qualitative — competitive advantage, management, corporate governance — and quantitative — valuation, ratio analysis — aspects of the company. Based on the written reports, the top five teams will be selected to present their plans to a panel of judges comprised of investment professionals.
- Teams are required to register by emailing participant names to Scott Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Feb. 24.
- Registered teams will electronically submit written analysis to Hendrix at email@example.com by noon Thursday, March 9.
- The top five teams will be announced as finalists by Wednesday, March 22. Finalists will be notified via email.
- Final competition will take place for the top five teams at 2 p.m. March 31 in the Business Building lecture hall, where a panel of investment professionals will make its decisions.
- First place will be awarded $5,000.
- Second place will be awarded $3,000.
- Third place will be awarded $2,000.
- Fourth place will be awarded $500.
- Fifth place will be awarded $500.
- Top freshmen-only team will be awarded $500.