December 8, 2021
XIX Chapter of Mortar Board announces outstanding faculty awards
Each year, the XIX Chapter of Mortar Board at Kansas State University honors outstanding faculty with the Faculty Recognition Reception. Mortar Board members nominate and vote on faculty from each college. Traditionally, a banquet is held to honor the recipients.
This year, much like last year, the reception was not possible due to COVID-19. Instead, Mortar Board will honor the recipients on an individual basis along with the deans of their college.
The outstanding faculty for the 2021-2022 academic year are as follows:
- Zelia Wiley, assistant dean of diversity programs, College of Agriculture.
- Martha Smith Caldas, teaching professor of biology, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Brandon Savage, instructor of management, College of Business.
- Lotta Larson, associate professor of elementary literacy, College of Education.
- Steven Warren, professor of electrical and computer engineering, College of Engineering.
- Erika Lindshield, instructor of food, nutrition, dietetics, and health, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Mike Finnegan, assistant professor, Staley School of Leadership Studies.
Learn more about Mortar Board at K-State.