July 19, 2021
Jodi Kaus part of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau webinar
K-State's director of Powercat Financial, Jodi Kaus, will join a panel of experts in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's webinar, "Personalizing Financial Education at Institutions of Higher Education: Insights from Experts in the Field," at noon Monday, Aug. 2.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau implemented a needs assessment to better understand the landscape of financial education at institutions of higher education with the assistance of Abt Associates research and consulting firm. The findings of this work highlighted the importance of offering one-on-one, personalized opportunities for postsecondary students to engage in financial education; and offering postsecondary students multiple ways to access and understand key topics related to financial well-being.
Kaus will join the following experts to share their experience with designing and delivering financial education that is both personalized and available through multiple delivery modes:
- Ayeesha Green — Austin Community College, Student Money Management Office coordinator.
- Sandra Huston, panel moderator — Texas Tech University, professor of personal financial planning.
- Angela Johnson — Cuyahoga Community College, vice president of access and completion, Division of Enrollment Management.
- Ryan Law — Utah Valley University, director of the Money Management Resource Center.
- Brad Yeckley — University of North Carolina at Charlotte, assistant director for financial literacy.
Participants may join this free webinar by registering online.