May 10, 2021
Gamma Sigma Delta honors faculty and students at virtual ceremony
Each year the Kansas State University Eta Chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta recognizes outstanding students, staff and faculty. The 2021 initiates and award recipients were recognized at a virtual ceremony on April 23.
The following are 2020-2021 Gamma Sigma Delta initiates.
- Roselle Barretto, grain science and industry.
- Rania Marie Buenavista, grain science and industry.
- Ednaldo Borgato, agronomy.
- Chandrima Shyam, agronomy.
- Prakash Kumar Jha, agronomy.
- Manreet Bhullar, horticulture and natural resources.
- Xiaomao Lin, agronomy.
- Jeanette Thurston, animal science and industry.
The following are 2020-2021 award categories and recipients.
Undergraduate Research Showcase winners:
- Luke Ryan, agronomy.
- Renata Goossen, horticulture.
- Sarah Raugewitz, agronomy.
- Sydney Bowman, first place, animal sciences and industry.
- Renata Goossen, second place, horticulture and natural resources.
- Zach Buessing, third place, animal sciences and industry.
- Garrett Seltzer, third place, animal sciences and industry.
Graduate Student Teaching:
- Payton Dahmer, master's student, animal sciences and industry.
- Rachel Veenstra, doctoral student, agronomy.
Graduate Student Research:
- Paula Demarco, master's student, agronomy.
- Adrian Alejandro Correndo, doctoral student, agronomy.
Faculty and Alumni Awards:
- Outstanding Teaching Award — Kaliramesh Siliveru, grain science and industry.
- Outstanding Extension Award — Peter Tomlinson, agronomy.
- Outstanding Research Award — Krishna Jagadish, agronomy.
- Distinguished Faculty Award — Michel Ransom, agronomy.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award — Michael Stamm, agronomy.
Gamma Sigma Delta is an international honorary society of agriculture dedicated to excellence in scholarship, research and service. Founded in 1907, there are currently 48 chapters in the United States, Honduras, Puerto Rico and the Philippines. The Eta Chapter was founded at what would become Kansas State University on June 25, 1914.
The mission of Gamma Sigma Delta is to encourage high standards of scholarship, character and proficiency in all branches of agricultural science and education and a high degree of excellence in the practice of agricultural pursuits.