February 18, 2020
Porath edits winter edition of Networks
Suzanne Porath, assistant professor of curriculum and instruction, served as editor of the Winter 2020 issue of Networks: An Online Journal for Teacher Research. Her editorial introduction is titled "Inquiries into the Cognitive and Affective Domains of Learning."
Networks is hosted through New Prairie Press and is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal for educator action research.
The articles published in this edition were authored by higher education faculty from across the country:
- "A Systematic Multisensory Phonics Intervention for Older Struggling Readers: Action Research Study."
- "Real-Life Nature-Based Experiences as Keys to the Writing Workshop."
- "Enhancing Student Learning in the Online Instructional Environment Through the Use of Universal Design for Learning."
- "Preparing Teacher Interns for International Teaching: A Case Study of a Chinese Practicum Program."
- "A Review of The Reader Response Notebook: Teaching Toward Agency, Autonomy, and Accountability."
- "The Power of Please: How Courtesy Scripts Improve Self-Control and Reduce Peer Conflict by Creating New Language Patterns."