April 4, 2018
Art department to host Scholarship Awards Presentation and Reception
The art department's Scholarship Reception and Awards Presentation Friday, April 6. Please join the department for hors d'oeuvres, art and conversation from 4-4:45 p.m. outside of the Chapman Gallery on the first floor of Willard Hall. The Scholarship Award Presentation will start at 5 p.m. in 114 Willard Hall.
The following students are 2017-2018 art scholarship winners:
- Department of Art Merit Scholarship: Clare Fallon, Auburn; Lindsay Ebach, Goddard; and Stephanie Kluitenberg, Nahshon Thomas and Madison Zorn, all from Manhattan.
- Weary Family Art Scholarship: Alexandria Walters, Abilene; Kelsey Hoines, Atchinson; Melissa Donlon and Antonio Pipkin, both from Manhattan; Adrienne Maxwell, Paola; Shelbie Stuckey, Wichita; and Natalie Phrakonekham, Winfield.
- Mark A. Chapman and Cheryl Mellenthin Fine Arts Scholarship: Bello Bello, and Victoria Harvey, both from Manhattan; Mary Carnes, Overland Park; Logan Robertson, Shawnee; Jessica Burnes, Westwood; Rachel Hermes and Shannon Saville, both from Wichita; and Fiona Liem, Surabaya, Indonesia.
- Jason Harper Memorial Scholarship: Annie Sauer, Wichita.
- Pat and Jim Hagan Art Scholarship: Emma Allegri, Leawood; and Adrienne Maxwell, Paola.
- Oscar V. Larmer Art Scholarship: Emma Allegri, Leawood.
- Florence H. Walker Art Scholarship: Elizabeth Hayes, Pittsburg.
- John W. O'Shea Art Scholarship, Elizabeth Hayes, Pittsburg.
- Eugenia Fairman McNall Award: Andrea Klepper, Ellinwood.
- Charles William Hugo Scholarship: Acacia Thalmann, Palmer.
- Charlotte Scott Award: Therese Schmaltz, Manhattan.
- Mary Lucille Dunn Art Scholarship: Hazel Ingram, Lawrence; Neely Joyce, Manhattan; Selena Badami, Overland Park, and Zelie Thompson, Wichita.
The student's works will be displayed in the Chapman Gallery in Willard Hall from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through April 7. Admission is free to the public.