February 8, 2012
Highlights from the Feb. 1 Classified Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the Feb. 1 Classified Senate meeting. A draft of the meeting minutes is available on the website.
Assistant Vice President for Administration Report:
Gary Leitnaker reported that the Award of Excellence deadline had been extended to Feb. 1 and answered questions from the group.
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported on the Day on the Hill. Nomination forms for the Classified Senate election have been sent out.
- Recognition Ceremony Committee: Annette Hernandez reported that the committee discussed year of service and retiree letters.
Campus Committee Reports:
- Recycling Committee: Cherry Rosenberry reported that Recyclmania will start on Monday. An Open House will be Feb. 10 at the Recycling Center
- Parking Operations Committee: Terri Wyrick reported on the suggested parking permit increase.
- Dean of College of Ag Search: Lois Schreiner reported on the search for the dean of the College of Ag/director of K-State Research and Extension.
- Director of Corporate Engagement Search: Lesa Reves reported on the search for the director of corporate engagement.
- Dean of Education Search: Susan Erichsen reported they are in the process of reviewing candidates.
- Dean of K-State Salina Search: Annette Hernandez reported that they are still receiving applications for the position.
Christina Nash reported that a Hazlenut Lots of Chocolate, or HLC, ice cream is being developed for the Higher Learning Commission visit
- The policy on the Dependent/Spouse Tuition Assistance was discussed and whether it could be expanded to include part-time benefits eligible employees.
- Discussion was held on way to promote classified employees.