November 12, 2014
'Using NVivo 10 to Tap Social Media Streams' presentation Nov. 21
"Using NVivo 10 to Tap Social Media Streams" will be offered from 1:30–3:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21, in 301 Hale Library.
This presentation will provide an overview of the NCapture plug-in to NVivo 10 as a tool for extracting information from social media platforms. This also will explore how the extracted data may be analyzed using NVivo 10, a qualitative and mixed methods data analysis tool.
This will address the following topics:
- questions from the prior basic and advanced trainings in NVivo 10
- how to extract data from social media platforms — such as Twitter Tweetstreams, Facebook data, YouTube video links, and the general Web and Internet — using NCapture
- how to code on and query social media data using the analytical tools in NVivo 10
- how to create data visualizations from social media platforms in NVivo 10, and
- what may be asserted by social media data.
This will be an interactive session, with an optional social media extraction of the participant's choice and a sharing of the participant's findings to the group. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops.
The room will be open starting at 1 p.m. for this event. All are welcome. The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software. No RSVP is required. If there are any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 785-532-5262.