January 29, 2014
Find out about your metabolic health, body composition and aerobic capacity — and get a free breakfast
We are currently recruiting study participants for a study designed to examine the effects of exercise following a high-fat meal on blood lipids and markers of inflammation in the time period after the meal.
To be eligible, you must be an adult between 18 to 40 and participate in less than 30 minutes of planned exercisers — not a regular exerciser — per week or greater than 150 minutes — frequent exercisers — per week. You also must be a nonsmoker, have no history of chronic disease, and not taking medication for asthma, blood pressure, blood glucose or weight loss.
The time commitment involves two visits, first visit for VO2 max test approximately 1.5 hours, and the second visit will be when you get to eat breakfast and have post meal response, approximately 4-5 hours.
Participants in this study will receive:
1) Food provided the night before testing
2) Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls provided the morning of testing
3) $25 for participation in the study
4) Free basic health assessment, which includes:
- DEXA Scan (body fat percentage)
- Blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose
- Inflammation and Oxidative Stress Markers
- Height, weight and BMI
- VO2 max test to determine aerobic capacity
For more information, contact Brook Cull at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Rosenkranz at email@example.com or 785-532-1465.