Professional Development Award Application
The University Advising Committee and the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success are pleased to offer academic advisor professional development awards of up to $750 to subsidize participation in advising-related professional activities and/or conferences or meetings during the spring, summer, or fall academic terms. Applications are invited from any faculty or professional advisors at K-State (Manhattan, Salina, Olathe, or Global Campuses). Three awards are offered during both the fall and spring semesters. Attendance at professional conferences provides advisors with opportunities to further their work, increase their knowledge and skills, network with other professionals, and enhance their experience. In addition, it increases the recognition and reputation of Kansas State University.
The deadline for applications is September 15th if applying during the fall semester and February 6th if applying during the spring semester.
An applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time or part-time employee at the University serving in some advising capacity.
- Apply to attend professional development activities or a professional conference relevant to his/her field.
- Use the funds to help cover registration, travel, meals, and/or accommodations.
To apply for the professional development funds, the following are to be submitted:
- An Application for Funding (pdf)
- A letter of application for the award addressing the following:
- Outline and description of professional development opportunity
- Benefits to the employee and the department/unit and how this opportunity will improve or transform your advising practices as well as the general advising of the University?
The application documents are to be submitted electronically to the University Advising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th if applying during the fall semester and February 6th if applying during the spring semester.
Upon return from the activity or conference, please submit a one-page summary of the experience and what was learned to the committee at email@example.com.
A committee will select the award recipients. The committee’s decision is final.
Applications will be considered once per semester until all awards have been expended. Funds may not be transferred to another person.