We have new procedures because of COVID-19. The changes help ensure a safe environment for all individuals, students, staff and officers.
Fingerprinting services are by appointment only:
- Call 785-532-6412 to schedule an appointment.
- No walk-ins are allowed.
- Fingerprints will be scheduled in 30-minute increments to maintain social distancing guidelines. Dispatch will ask screening questions prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Appointments will be scheduled 1:30-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday — excluding football game day weekends.
- After appointment is scheduled, you may pay online here or in person with credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover).
Kansas State Department of Education requirements:
- The K-State Police Department will send KSDE prints in on your behalf as KSDE requires the fingerprinting agency to mail the prints. You will still need to provide an envelope. If you received your print cards from KSDE, the white envelope they came in can be reused. You will not need postage for the envelope to KSDE.
Before you arrive:
- Have your fingerprint card completed but not signed. View a sample card — highlighted areas need to be completed before arrival.
- If you do not have your own fingerprint cards, they are available at the K-State Police Department. Bring a self-addressed stamped 8.5-inch by 11-inch envelope addressed to the company/location requesting you have your fingerprints taken, along with all proper documentation they would like you to send in with your fingerprint cards. If you have your own fingerprint cards you may take those with you when prints are complete.
- Have all documentation in hand along with your driver’s license to present to the dispatcher.
- The K-State Police Department is in Edwards Hall at 1810 Kerr Drive near the intersection of Denison Avenue and Kerr Drive. Please enter through the main west doors, and speak with the dispatcher behind the glass.
- Dispatch will collect the fees for your fingerprints. A $45 fee is associated with general fingerprint services for up to two cards. Accepted forms of payment are by credit card: online or in person (Visa, MasterCard and Discover). If you graduated from Kansas State University in the last year, you may be eligible for a discount with a K-State student ID.
- An officer will then meet with you to complete your fingerprints.
The department appreciates your understanding of the new safety protocols.