Interdisciplinary Working Group
Elevating our efforts
On Friday, Sept. 1, 2023, more than 75 K-State faculty from every college and campus participated in a workshop to discuss elevating and coordinating K-State's role in addressing our water resource challenges. An interdisciplinary working group was formed after this workshop to develop the plan to launch the Kansas Water Institute at K-State. Members of the working group include:
- Susan Metzger, Office of the President and KCARE/KWRI.
- Beth Montelone, Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Michael McClure, College of Architecture, Planning, & Design.
- Ben Wolfe, K-State Olathe.
- Michael Pritchard, K-State Salina.
- Brandon Kliewer, Staley School of Leadership.
- Chris Culbertson, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Jim Bloodgood, College of Business Administration.
- Stacy Hutchinson, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering.
- Jane Schuh, College of Agriculture.
- Hans Coetzee, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Cyndi Shuman, College of Education.
- Ennis Rios, College of Education.
- Bradley Behnke, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Brian Olson, K-State Research and Extension.
Working group members will continue their efforts together to identify themes and priorities around which to organize and focus the work under the university-level Kansas Water Institute. These themes will align with the water-related challenges of the state and the nation. Research coordinated through the institute will span from fundamental science to field-scale adoption.