About K-State Army ROTC
Army ROTC is a college elective that teaches you the skills needed for a successful career. You'll combine classroom time with hands-on experience, and learn leadership and management skills. Additionally, because it's an elective, you can try it out for up to two years. Whatever you decide, the experience you'll have in Army ROTC will give you the confidence you need to be a success in college and beyond. Whether you choose a career in the Army or the corporate world, Army ROTC will provide you the leadership skills you need to succeed.
Where can ROTC take me?
- Active Duty Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- Reserve Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- National Guard Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
What do you do in KSU ROTC?
- Attend classes 2-3 times per week
- Attend physical training 3 mornings per week
- Help with projects (football games, Veteran's Day parade, blood drive, community service projects)
- Attend Lab (3 hours) every Tuesday afternoon
- 2 Field Training exercises per year (24 hour duration in the Fall term and 72 hour duration in the Spring term)
- Attend a 30 day summer training event between the Junior and Senior year
What do you study in KSU ROTC?
- Basic leadership skills
- Basic Soldier skills (land navigation, riflery, military orientation)
- Confidence, team building
- Army history and traditions
What do you get out of KSU ROTC?
- A Full or Part Time Job (Active Duty Lieutenants start at approximately $57,000)
- Scholarship opportunities (100% of tuition and fees, book allowance and stipend)
- Physical fitness