Kansas State University's fall commencement ceremonies Dec. 11-12
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015
MANHATTAN — Kansas State University's fall commencement ceremonies will be Friday, Dec. 11, on the Manhattan and Kansas State University Polytechnic campuses, and Saturday, Dec. 12, on the Manhattan campus.
The university will award 1,300 bachelor's degrees, 340 master's degrees, 70 doctorates and 10 associate degrees. More than 300 students are earning their degree through K-State Global Campus distance education programs.
Commencement ceremonies Dec. 11 include the Graduate School at 1 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Marlin Fitzwater, university alumnus and former presidential press secretary, will be the commencement speaker and receive an honorary doctorate. Representing the Kansas Board of Regents at the Graduate School ceremony will be Regent Joseph Bain, Goodland. Commencement on the Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus will be at 7 p.m. in the Student Life Center. D. Shane Bangerter, Dodge City, chair of the Kansas Board of Regents, will be the commencement speaker.
Commencement ceremonies Dec. 12 will all take place on the Manhattan campus. The following is a schedule ceremonies and speakers:
• College of Agriculture, 1 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Jason Bergtold, associate professor of agricultural economics, will give the commencement address.
• College of Arts & Sciences, 8:30 a.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Donald Saucier, associate professor of psychological sciences and the university's 2015-2016 Coffman chair for distinguished teaching scholars, will give the commencement address.
• College of Business Administration, 11:30 a.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Ken Selzer, Kansas insurance commissioner, will provide the commencement remarks.
• College of Education, 10 a.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Carol Adams, executive director of teaching and learning for USD 383, the Manhattan-Ogden School District, will give the commencement address.
• College of Engineering, 4 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Cathy S. Ritter, president of Constellation Design Group Inc., will give the commencement address.
• College of Human Ecology, 2:30 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Dennis Hulsing, president and CEO of Hulsing Enterprises LLC, will give the commencement address.
A webcast of the commencement ceremonies will be streamed live at k-state.edu/graduation/.
A virtual commencement ceremony is available at global.k-state.edu/commencement for distance education students unable to attend their commencement ceremony in person. The website includes a listing of students earning degrees through distance education, a place for family and friends to post congratulatory messages and other commencement-related offerings.
DVDs of the ceremony may be ordered through the K-State Campus Store in the K-State Student Union at 800-KSU-CATS or 785-532-6583. The DVDs are $19.99.
Also, Kansas State University's Army and Air Force ROTC units will have commissioning ceremonies at 10 a.m. Dec. 11 in the K-State Student Union's Forum Hall. The Army ROTC will commission two officers and the Air Force ROTC will commission two officers.