Curtain call: Tickets available for university student theatre, dance productions
Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013
MANHATTAN -- Music, comedy, drama, dance and more -- it's all on stage in the upcoming performance season for Kansas State University's theatre and dance programs.
K-State Theatre's 2013-2014 productions include:
* "Columbinus," by Stephen Karam and P.J. Paparelli, at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 10-12 and 17-19, and 2:30 p.m. Oct. 20, in Nichols Theatre.
* "The Wedding Singer," by Matthew Sklar, Chad Beguelin and Tim Herlihy, at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7-9 and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 10 in McCain Auditorium.
* "God of Carnage," by Yasmina Reza, will be at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6-8 and 13-15, 2014, and at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 16, 2014, in Nichols Theatre.
* K-State Opera Theatre will present the one-act operas "Trial by Jury," by Gilbert and Sullivan, and "The Old Maid and the Thief," by Gian Carlo Menotti, at 7:30 p.m. March 6-8, 2014, and 2:30 p.m. March 9, 2014, in Nichols Theatre.
* "The Importance of Being Earnest," by Oscar Wilde, will be at 7:30 p.m. April 24-26 and May 1-3, and at 2:30 p.m. May 4, in Nichols Theatre.
The Kansas State University dance program has two annual productions, both featuring original choreographed works by faculty and students:
* "WinterDance 2013" will be at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5-7 and at 2:30 p.m. Dec. 7 in Nichols Theatre.
* "SpringDance 2014" will be at 7:30 p.m. March 28-29 in McCain Auditorium.
More information on each production and how to order season tickets is available at http://www.k-state.edu/theatre/ or by calling the K-State Theatre marketing department at 785-532-6878.
Single performance tickets may be purchased online starting Sept. 6 at the theatre program website, http://www.k-state.edu/theatre/, or the McCain Auditorium website, http://www.k-state.edu/mccain. Tickets may also be purchased, starting Sept. 6, in several ways: by calling the McCain box office at 785-532-6428; dropping by the McCain box office from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays; or going to the Little Theatre box office in the K-State Student Union from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Group discounts are also available by calling Marci Maullar at 785-532-6878.