1. K-State home
  2. »DCM
  3. »K-State News
  4. »News
  5. »Air compressor causes smoke in Chalmers Hall

K-State News

K-State News
Kansas State University
128 Dole Hall
1525 Mid-Campus Dr North
Manhattan, KS 66506


Air compressor causes smoke in Chalmers Hall

Monday, Aug. 28, 2017


MANHATTAN — An air compressor was the source of smoke Monday afternoon in Chalmers Hall at Kansas State University.

At 2:48 p.m. Monday, Aug. 28, the Manhattan Fire Department responded to reports of smoke caused by an air compressor in a basement lab of Chalmers Hall. There was no fire and the compressor was turned off. 

Chalmers Hall was evacuated for safety and no injuries were reported. The building was reopened at 3:16 p.m.


Lt. Bradli Millington