Ahearn Field House
With a crowd capacity of 11,700, Ahearn Field House was constructed in 1951 and currently hosts sports like volleyball and indoor track and various other events.
The construction of Ahearn Field House in 1951 created a better facility for basketball and indoor track events, which were previously held in Nichols Hall. It has served well for large events like concerts and indoor commencements before the completion of McCain Auditorium and Bramlage Coliseum.
In 1988 basketball games moved to Bramlage Coliseum, and Ahearn underwent renovation to better suit volleyball, track and other activities. The Field House is named in honor of Michael F. Ahearn, former K-State professor, coach, director of athletics and department head of physical education.