Course Access Instructions
If you are a student from a Great Plains IDEA member university who is taking a class at K-State, but K-State is not your home university, please click the steps below to gain course access.
You can also view a detailed video on how to complete each step by clicking here.
Step One: Submit and create a K-State eID
- If you have taken a K-State taught class before, please use and submit the same eID that you used previously.
- If you have not taken a K-State taught class before, go to http://www.k-state.edu/its/eid/ and click on the purple box “Register for an eID”.
- As a non-K-State student you do not have a WID. Do not enter a number or your social security number in the box requesting this information. You can continue without it.
Step Two: Complete the K-State Course Access Form
- Complete the K-State Course Access form online
- If you do not submit your eID to the K-State Course Access form, your eID will not be activated.
- It typically takes 2-5 business days for your eID to be verified and activated.
Step Three: Prepare for your course
- Check your course start dates, textbook information, instructor information, and much more by reviewing the Course Information pages for your program.
- You will access your K-State taught course through our learning management system, Canvas.
- For help with Canvas, check out these resources.
- Typically, courses will not be open and available on Canvas until the first day of class.
- If you experience any difficulties with your eID, please inform your instructor and the K-State Campus Coordinator.
Step Four: Review student success resources
When you take a course with us, you are a member of our big, purple family.
- You will have access to K-State's online library resources during the semester that you are taking a K-State taught course.
- The Great Plains IDEA Student Success Center provides several writing and research resources.
- Contact our IT Help Desk with technical difficulties not related to your eID.
- Familiarize yourself with Canvas, which is the platform you will use to complete your coursework here at K-State.
Students meeting all deadlines for eID creation and submission will have access to Canvas by the first day of class.