Welcome to Great Plains IDEA at K-State
Choice and Flexibility for Lifelong Learners
An Online Experience as Unique as Our Students
Kansas State University is a member of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA). Great Plains IDEA is a consortium of universities that can help you reach your goals through online education. Working together, Great Plains IDEA developed an internet-based curriculum that allows you to do course work at your convenience. The courses in each program are semester-based and asynchronous, meaning you will not have to be on your computer at a specific time or day during the week.
Why choose K-State Great Plains IDEA?
- We believe time and space should not be a barrier to shaping your future. That's why we offer 100% of our courses online.
- You'll be getting a degree from a nationally recognized university.
- Our classes are taught by expert faculty across the nation.
- All member universities are fully accredited.
- You can expand your personal and professional network by engaging with peers who have diverse prospectives and backgrounds.
- You will always have someone in your corner. Learn more about how your K-State Campus Coordinator can help.
- Don't just take our word for it. Listen to what our students are saying.
How does it work at K-State?
Students select K-State as their home institution where they will also enroll in courses and pay tuition. Courses will be taught online among participating universities within your program, which means you will be partnering with faculty and staff from multiple universities who are committed to providing a student-centered, collaborative, educational experience. Learn more about how Great Plains IDEA works at K-State.
Connect with the K-State Campus Coordinator
The campus coordinator is your information broker. They are your link to distance education resources, assist with enrollment and course access, and if they can't answer all of your questions they will connect you with someone who can. Contact the K-State Campus Coordinator, Ashley Schultz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.