John C. Pair Center
The John C. Pair Center, is located in Haysville, Kansas. The center is a unit within the Eastern Kansas Research-Extension Centers, and is a part of the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service.
To conduct research and extension activities that result in the John Pair Horticultural Center's recognition as a state, regional, and national resource for research-extension based information as it relates to industrial hemp and woody ornamental crop production and utilization.
Research and Extension Activities:
- Research in specialty crop production, selection, evaluation, and utilization
- Extension efforts focused on assisting county agents and serving the continuing-education goals of the Center's green industry partners.
- Coordination of the Kansas Forest Service Community Forestry Program
120 acres that includes:
- About 80 acres in use
- 40 Acres in dry land farming
- Sandy loam soil with little topography change