Definition of Fraud
Fraud and related misconduct prohibited by this policy generally involves a willful or deliberate act or failure to act with the intention of obtaining an unauthorized benefit. Such acts include, but are not limited to:
- making or altering documents or computer files with the intent to defraud
- purposely inaccurate financial reporting
- misappropriation or misuse of University resources, such as funds, supplies or other assets
- improper handling or reporting of money transactions
- authorizing or receiving compensation for goods not received or services not performed
- authorizing or receiving compensation for hours not worked.
It shall also be a violation of this policy for any University employee or student to make a baseless allegation of fraudulent conduct that is made with reckless disregard for truth and that is intended to be disruptive or to cause harm to another individual or individuals.