Sales Tax

  • State sales tax is to be paid by the consumer and remitted by the retailer (Kansas State University) on all taxable sales and reported monthly to the Controller's Office on a Kansas Retail Sales Tax Report and Approval of Payment form.
  • An exemption certificate is to be on file from the purchaser for all non-taxable sales excluding KSU departments.
  • Sales tax needs to be recorded separately on the deposit.

The Sales Tax policies and procedures are in Chapter 6130 Sales Tax of the University Policies and Procedures Manual.

For more information and assistance, please contact the Division of Financial Services, Cashiers Section 785-532-6204.