Change Funds

  • All change funds are to be authorized through the KSU Controller's Office.
  • Whenever the custodian, supervising employee or department head changes, a new Application to Establish Change Fund form is to be completed and submitted to the Controller's Office for approval.
  • No petty cash funds are allowed.
  • A daily cash reconciliation is to be completed for each change fund.
  • Cash longs and shorts are to be maintained in the fund. A daily record of any longs and shorts is to be completed and deposited or reimbursed at the end of the year unless reimbursement is required earlier.

Change Fund policies and procedures are in Chapter 6120 Change Funds of the University Policies and Procedures Manual.

For more information and assistance, please contact the Division of Financial Services, Cashiers Section 785-532-3350.