Accurate position descriptions and are crucial to properly classify and determine pay, aid to identify necessary skills and qualifications when recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring and counseling employees and more.
K-State eID/password required.
Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness reviews working, or business, titles to ensure they reasonably reflect the job duties, responsibilities and level of the position.
Working titles may be used to:
- Provide a more specific description of the function or work performed.
- Better facilitate business communications.
- Align with professional/industry practice.
Working titles should not:
- Use elements of another official K-State job title.
- Misrepresent the level of authority or responsibility of the position.
Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness reserves the right to deny a working title that does not follow these guidelines.