Student employee/front desk receptionist
About this role:
The student employee will greet visitors and answer the telephone and redirect callers to appropriate team members or to graduate programs when necessary.
As the primary contact with most visitors in person and over the telephone, this person is largely responsible for the impression that others have of the Graduate School. Therefore, the student employee must provide quality customer service, a primary goal of the Graduate School. This person has the responsibility to defuse as many difficult situations as possible and conversely, could be responsible for creating serious problems if incorrect information is dispensed or if communication is ineffective or irresponsible. The employee will perform other routine office responsibilities as assigned.
Rate of pay
$8.00 per hour
Up to 30 hours per week
- Help answer basic questions of admissions, graduation forms, graduation deadlines and commencement projects.
- Email completed forms from INow to students, faculty, and departmental staff.
- Assist with Graduate School email review, replying to frequent inquiries and message distribution.
- Process receipt of mail and electronic transcripts, carrying out transcript scanning, linking, and follow-up transcript requests.
- Assist with new international student check-in.
- Aid with processing forms for current students.
- Help answer in-progress applicant queries.
- Process and link student documents.
- Provide support for programming and activities managed by the Program/Project Coordinator.
- Work collaboratively with the Graduate School staff to complete special projects.
- Other assigned tasks/activities/events to enhance the quality of the graduate student experience.
Provide a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why you are a strong candidate. Send application materials to Miranda Schremmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Diversity and inclusion
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates who have demonstrated their commitment to advancing the University’s Principles of Community.
Equal employment opportunity
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background screening and statement
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.