Student-Related Action Steps Dashboard
By reviewing policies and processes; creating resources; focusing on recruitment, retention and financial need; and reinforcing a supportive framework, we are working to build a more inclusive K-State.
- Create a Student Ombudsperson Office in collaboration between the Provost, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, and Vice President for Student Life to advocate for students experiencing a campus climate concern.
- Establish a work group to analyze and make recommendations regarding all university policies, including discrimination and harassment policies and the Student Code of Conduct, with the goal of identifying and addressing institutional bias and barriers through an anti-racist lens.
- Increase recruitment efforts with the aim of raising enrollment of students of color to meet or exceed the state of Kansas demographics.
- Increase efforts to raise retention and graduation rates of students of color with annual measurable goals.
- Increase the amount of need-based scholarships with annual measurable goals. Additionally, this next fiscal year’s voluntary salary reductions from administrative leaders will go directly towards need-based scholarships for students.
- Improve the process for receiving complaints of discrimination.
- Develop a policy on social media usage for students that balances our institutional values and free speech. Currently one exists for faculty and staff.
- Implement a “Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation” framework through Student Life modeled after the Association of American Colleges and Universities’ program to develop and track progress on co-curricular equity initiatives.