Developing Cultural Competency Workshops
This initiative involves not only the development of cultural competency workshops but also establishing the mechanism to both offer the workshops and track their mandatory completion by faculty and staff.
The action team is currently developing next steps.
Timeline and Milestones
The timeline and milestones for this initiative are currently under development by the action team.
Accountable Administrators and Action Team
This initiative is led by a core leadership team that will expand to include subcommittees while stakeholder feedback is being gathered and concerns are being documented. The lead administrator identified below will be responsible for initiating and reporting on the progress of the initiative overall.
Core leadership team
- Bryan Samuel, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, lead administrator
- Jay Stephens, Vice President for Human Capital Services
- Brian Niehoff, Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness
- Beverley Earles, PCRSND Chair
- Debra Wilcox, PCSW Chair
- Ethan Bernick, College of Arts & Sciences Diversity Committee
- Sara Thurston, Director for International Student and Scholar Services
- Socorro Herrera, Executive Director, Center for Intercultural and Multilingual Advocacy
- Rebeca Paz, Office of First-generation Students
- Shawna Jordan, DPP College of Health and Human Sciences
- Sunanda Dissanayake, DPP Graduate School
- Callie Rost, DPP College of Veterinary Medicine
- Lindsey Dreiling, DPP K-State Polytechnic
- Debra Bolton, The Indigenous Faculty and Staff Alliance
- Zelia Wiley, Assistant Dean of Diversity Programs, College of Agriculture