Assistant Vice President
The Division of Student Life seeks applications for the position of Assistant Vice President to begin March 15, 2015. This is a 12-month, full-time, administrative appointment for a Division of Student Life staff member with an official rank of Director or above. This position will report to the Vice President for Student Life.
Responsibilities: (in addition to maintaining current duties)
- Provide administration to the auxiliary units and local agency within the Division of Student Life
- Supervise the following departments: Housing and Dining Services, Recreational Services, Center for Child Development, and the K-State Student Union (possibly others)
- Act as a resource to the Vice President for Student Life for division level activities relating to strategic planning, budget management, fiscal activities, and enrollment management
- Serve on a Division of Student Life focus group to provide leadership for K-State 2015
- Provide advocacy for students and families
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate significant administrative experience at the major unit or department level
- Able to demonstrate significant experience in fiscal planning and budget management at the major unit or department level - in state funds (GU and RU) and auxiliary funds
- An extensive understanding of University policies and procedures
- Experience in advocacy for student and families
- Excellent management and communication skills with the ability to work effectively and foster a cooperative environment within the department and it's constituencies in diverse population
- Demonstrated leadership roles in current positions
- Master's degree
- Current official rank of Director or above
- At least 5 years of experience in upper administration (as a Director or above)
- At least 5 years of experience in managing departments with multi-funding sources, including state funds, restricted fees, auxiliary funds, and privilege fees
10% added to current annual salary
Applicants must submit:
- Letter of interest, including relevant experience and statement of management style
- Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials to: Sonya Paph, 8 Holton Hall. Electronic applications can be sent to email@example.com. Please indicate "Assistant VP for Auxiliary Search" in the subject line.
Screening of applications will begin March 5, 2015, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Sonya Paph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.