Kansas State University Digital Signage
Kansas State University now provides a central digital sign system, supported jointly by the Division of Communications and Marketing and Information Technology Services. University units can request access to the digital sign software at no cost. However, there will be hardware costs.
Here is a look at the process for requesting access to the digital sign software, as well as assistance with design and hardware needs assessment.
Contact Robert Nelson with the Division of Communications and Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-2535.
- Discuss the purpose and content of the digital sign requested
- Help determine whether a static or interactive sign is best for the unit’s needs
- Determine timeframe for digital sign deployments
- Work with the client to produce any creative assets needed for the sign
See a gallery of displays on campus.
Communications and Marketing will contact Information Technology Services to:
- Obtain quotes for display, mounting hardware and computer
- Coordinate with Facilities to get estimates on power needs and mounting costs
- Coordinate with Network and Telecom to make sure network lines are in the appropriate location for sign needs
When the hardware has arrived (mounting brackets for display and computer) the following will happen:
Telecom and Networking will:
- Pull network lines for the digital sign computer
- Make sure the network line is on the secured digital sign VLAN
Facilities will (Facilities charges will apply):
- Install power
- Install the mounting brackets for the display and computer
- Hang the display on the mounting bracket (the computer will be installed in the computer bracket by iTAC once Facilities installs the bracket)
- Install computer hardware in the computer bracket
- Connect cables to the display and computer
- Connect the digital sign to the server
- Grant digital sign server access
- Train unit staff on how to update data field on their templates
- Train unit staff as requested on more advanced digital sign techniques
Once the sign is fully deployed and staff is trained, Information Technology Services will provide ongoing hardware and connectivity support as long as recommended hardware was purchased. The Division of Communications and Marketing will provide ongoing support for template and design related items.