March 1, 2012
Volunteer to get involved in Open House
Volunteer to Expand Your (social) Network at K-State Open House and to show off your purple pride. The university's largest annual event attracts more than 20,000 people. Open House showcases more than 250 majors and options, 475-plus organizations and everything K-State has to offer. This year, the K-State Open House will be Saturday, April 21. Open House on the Manhattan campus will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. On the Salina campus, Open House will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Learn more about Open House events at: k-state.edu/openhouse.
Open House is primarily student-driven and student-led. More than 1,000 K-Staters work at exhibit tables, organize entertainment options, guide visitors around campus, help with set-up and clean-up and more. Most students volunteer for a few hours and later visit exhibits with family and friends.
Volunteer now! If you’re not involved in Open House already, you still can be. Try one of these four options:
1. Contact your department to get involved with your major. See the list of departments at http://www.k-state.edu/directories/academic.html.
2. E-mail your college’s student exhibit coordinator to get involved at the college level:
• Agriculture: Alyson McCall (email@example.com)
• Architecture, Planning and Design: Emily Vietti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Students on the Salina campus should contact Heather Wagoner (email@example.com).
4. E-mail the Open House core committee to get involved on the campus level:
• Adrienne Besler, student coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kyle Reynolds, special events chair, email@example.com
All students are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at All-University Open House!