March 7, 2014
Celebrate safely this Fake Patty's Day
If you plan on drinking to celebrate Fake Patty's Day, party smart, know your limit and stick to it, eat before you drink, measure your drinks, always designate a sober driver for a safe way home and surround yourself with those you know and trust.
Safe drinking tips for Fake Patty's Day brought to you by K-State's alcohol and other drug education service.
- Have a plan of how you will get home before you go out
- Know your limit
- Do not leave you drink unattended
- Do not accept drinks from a stranger
- Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Space out drinks over time
- Avoid shots/hard alcohol
- Pay attention to serving sizes
- Be cautious when drinking alcohol while on medication