April 28, 2017
The Teachers and Employees Association open enrollment period ends today
Today is the last day to update or enroll in the Teachers and Employees Association voluntary benefits.
The Teachers and Employees Association board of directors, in cooperation with Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company, The Hartford, and Human Capital Services, is offering an open enrollment for benefits through April 28. Benefits offered are short-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and voluntary life insurance.
Your benefits are not only part of your total compensation, but also an important piece your family's financial well-being. Your benefit enrollment period ends today, April 28 and is the time to help secure financial wellness for the future.
Determine the right amount of coverage for you and your family by reviewing your current situation and personal needs. Premiums are deducted through payroll deductions, and all enrollments will be done through The Hartford's website.
The Hartford offers voluntary life, short-term disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies. You can enroll up to these amounts without having to provide evidence of insurability:
- Employee life: Increments of $10,000 up to $100,000.
- Spouse life: Increments of $5,000 up to $50,000.
DisabilityFLEX — short-term disability:
- Flat weekly benefit amount: Choose from $200 to $1,000 in increments of $100 — up to 60 percent of your regular weekly earnings.
- Waiting period: You choose for benefits to begin after eight days, 15 days, or 30 days after a covered illness/injury. Your benefits are payable for up to 26 weeks.
- The short-term disability policy is guaranteed acceptance, but does contain a pre-existing condition limitation. Please refer to the Human Capital Services disability website for more information on exclusions and limitations, such as pre-existing conditions.
Accidental death and dismemberment:
- Employee accidental death and dismemberment: Increments of $10,000 up to lesser of five times your salary or $500,000.
- Spouse accidental death and dismemberment: Increments of $5,000 up to $100,000.
Additionally, if you elect coverage by April 28 and provide evidence of insurability by answering a few medical questions, you can also elect up to the following life insurance amounts:
- Employee life: Increments of $10,000 up to lesser of five times your salary or $500,000.
- Spouse life: Increments of $5,000 up to $100,000 — not to exceed 50 percent of employee election.
Having the financial protection provided by these insurance options can be a smart financial decision. Learn more about your valuable benefits using MyTomorrow from The Hartford, which provides decision-making support, product information and benefits calculations to help you make the right choices. To begin enrolling, visit The Hartford's enrollment site.
Questions? Contact your benefits team at email@example.com.