October 20, 2015
Fellowships for Women Scholars, deadline Nov. 15
The American Association of University Women, or AAUW, invites women scholars to apply for its American Fellowships. These fellowships support women scholars who are completing dissertations, planning research leave from accredited institutions, or preparing research for publication. Doctoral candidates, postdoctoral researchers and tenure-track or part-time faculty are strongly encouraged to apply. Award amounts range from $6,000 to $30,000. Applications are due Nov. 15. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. Apply online.
Three award categories are available to support women at various stages of their academic careers:
- Doctoral level at $20,000 — American Dissertation Fellowships provide one-year support to offset a scholar's living expenses in the final year of dissertation writing. Open to applicants in all fields of study. Scholars engaged in science, technology, engineering and math fields or researching gender issues are especially encouraged to apply.
- Postdoc level at $30,000 — American Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowships provide assistance to women faculty in obtaining tenure and further promotions by enabling them to spend a year pursuing independent research. Its purpose is to increase the number of women in tenure-track faculty positions and to promote equality for women in higher education.
- Faculty level — $6,000 — American Summer/Short-Term Research Publication Grants provide eight weeks of support to women scholars to prepare research manuscripts for publication. These grants can be awarded to both tenure-track and part-time faculty, and new and established researchers. The grants are designed to assist the candidate in obtaining tenure and other promotions. Tenured professors are not eligible.
Questions regarding applications can be sent to Glenda Leung at firstname.lastname@example.org, subteam chair of grants and fellowships, American Association of University Women Manhattan Branch.
Other upcoming funding deadlines:
- Dec. 1 – International Fellowships for international women scholars
- Dec. 15 – Career Development Grants
- Jan. 10 – Selected Professions Fellowships
About AAUW funding
AAUW has a long and distinguished history of advancing educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and around the globe. One of the world's largest sources of funding for graduate women, AAUW provided more than $3.7 million in funding for more than 241 fellowships and grants to outstanding women and nonprofit organizations in the 2015–16 academic year.
AAUW Manhattan Branch
Visit the AAUW Manhattan Branch website or email email@example.com to learn more about local scholarship opportunities, monthly meetings, programs and membership benefits. Membership is open to anyone holding an associate, or equivalent, or higher degree. E-student affiliation for all full-time K-State undergraduate students is free.