December 8, 2014
Human Capital Services forges ahead with the installation of College and University Professional Association Kansas
Shanna Legleiter is president-elect of the first-ever chapter of the the Kansas College and University Professional Association. Legleiter serves as the director of learning development in the Division of Human Capital Services and has been instrumental in establishing the association's Kansas chapter.
"Through Shanna's leadership and ingenuity, K-State will bring immense value to College and University Professional Association nationally and for our state," said Cheryl Johnson, vice president for human capital services. K-State's participation also will afford Human Capital Services professionals to learn, grow and share best practices with other HR co-horts in our field."
College and University Professional Association, an internationally recognized organization, has six strategic imperatives:
1. Create learning and development opportunities that help ensure present and future professional excellence and success.
2. Proactively influence legislative and regulatory issues that impact higher education, human resources and the higher education workforce.
3. Identify emerging human resources and higher education trends and address their impact on the higher education workplace.
4. Embody a culture of excellence through diversity, inclusion and equitable practices in order to achieve excellence in higher education.
5. Engage College and University Professional Association/human resources leaders and higher education human resources professionals in work related to College and University Professional Association/Human Resources strategic priorities.
6. Deliver salary research, analysis and reporting resources that are the benchmark for higher education.