July 10, 2014
Canvas Learning Management System overview training, creating a course tips
Canvas is Kansas State University's new learning management system. Information technology services is offering instructors the opportunity to learn more about the rich features of the new learning management system with Canvas overview training.
The training will be conducted in two parts: Introduction to Canvas and Introduction to Canvas II. To make the most of your training, we highly recommend that you take both courses the same week. Participants need to bring a laptop to participate in the practice course. Registration is required, so sign up for the course in HRIS.
To sign up for training, sign in to HRIS at as.ksu.edu/HRIS:
- Under Employee Self Service, select Learning and Development.
- Select KSU Training Enrollment.
- Select Introduction to Canvas and click View Available Sessions.
- Click the session you would like to attend.
- Verify your personal information and then click Continue.
- Repeat the previous steps to sign up for Introduction to Canvas II.
To learn more about the available dates and times for Canvas training, visit the training page on the Canvas website.
If you want to start exploring Canvas, creating a course is as simple as clicking a button in iSIS. Instructors or staff members with the appropriate permissions can initiate the Canvas course-creation process from the iSIS Faculty Center. For step-by-step instructions on how to create a course in Canvas, view the create a course in Canvas instructions. If you need additional help, contact the IT Help Desk, email@example.com, 785-532-7722.