May 20, 2014
Introduction to Supervision course starts June 3
The Introduction to Supervision course, coordinated by the Division of Human Resources, provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures. Topics covered are:
- Respect in the workplace for supervisors
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting
- Sexual harassment awareness for supervisors
- Benefits and authorizing leave
- Writing position descriptions
- Conflict management, difficult conversations and critical incident response
- Evaluating classified work performance and coaching
- Discipline and absenteeism
Supervisors of state classified employees and lead workers are invited to attend, including faculty and unclassified staff who supervise classified staff. This program is mandated by the state of Kansas and Kansas State University for all classified supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted “permanent” status.
Participants my register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self-Enrollment or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number, WTD077.