April 2, 2014
Reminder, K-State Proud co-chair applications due April 3
K-State Proud is a nationally recognized Students Helping Students philanthropic campaign supporting students who have exhausted all other forms of financial assistance through Student Opportunity Awards.
The co-chair position is a leadership role within the K-State Proud student campaign. As co-chair you will be the face of the campaign, as well as leading Student Foundation to craft campaign strategy and accomplish campaign objectives. You would be expected to collaborate with the other co-chairs, and Student Foundation leadership, on a weekly basis from April 2014 to April 2015. This position would require several hours a week to plan and facilitate the campaign. Despite the time commitment, past co-chairs would agree that it has been their most rewarding experience at K-State. The job description is listed below.
• Dedicate one year from April 2014 to April 2015 to the K-State Proud Campaign. Co-chairs will meet weekly to plan and implement the campaign.
• Serve as figurehead and spokesperson of the campaign in all marketing and publicity. This includes regular speaking engagements with student organizations, corporate partners, media, etc.
• Strategically plan and implement a major philanthropic campaign at K-State, including event planning, marketing and outreach to students and mobilizing student volunteers.
• Manage a junior leader and committee to fulfill campaign objectives.
• Cultivate the junior leadership of the campaign and its volunteers. Co-chairs are expected to meet biweekly with their junior leadership.
• Lead the K-State Proud Advisory Board, a group of diverse student leaders from across campus, including Student Foundation membership.
Learn more about the campaign and meet the current co-chairs. If you have questions contact Chris Kellenbarger, vice president of student campaigns, at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the co-chairs listed on the K-State Proud website.
K-State Student Foundation