Admission to the Graduate Certificate Program
Degree seeking graduate students at K-State who would like to pursue the certificate should contact the department and make an appointment to fill out a plan for completing the certificate.
Those who wish to pursue a Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics, but are not yet admitted to the Kansas State University Graduate School, can apply for admission to the Graduate School as a non-degree student through the Kansas State University Global Campus website. Available online courses are listed under the curriculum tab at the Global Campus link for the certificate.
The entrance requirements for graduate study must be met, including English language proficiency requirements, if required.
Please be prepared to upload the following information when completing the online application:
- Provide transcripts for each college or university where you received your bachelor's degree or completed any advanced course work or degree.
- Failure to list any colleges or universities from which you received a degree or enrolled in graduate course work may result in dismissal from the University. (Transcripts become part of your records at Kansas State University and cannot be returned.)
- Students whose transcripts are not in English must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- Two (2) letters of reference
- Provide a statement of your academic objectives, giving specific reasons for the selection of your field of study, contemplated research areas, and professional plans. Most statements are three to four paragraphs in length. The objectives allow faculty to:
- Determine that your expectations of the applied statistics certificate program are congruent with what the program provides;
- Review a sample of your writing skills.