Strategic Partner Pathway
Strategic partnerships can enhance university/private sector collaboration and provide access to complementary capabilities to advance the university and private sector. Contact a member of our K-State Institute for Commercialization team to find out more.
- The company and K-State begin a conversation designed to help all understand opportunities and challenges in innovation, talent, and professional training.
- Members of university leadership team visit in person with corporate executives as well as with company research, business development, and venture capital leaders.
- Identify natural alignments between the university and company. Consider alignment of interests/needs, complementary capabilities/assets, and defined shared benefit.
- Also identify capability, science, facility, and capital challenges that could inhibit alignment.
- Conduct a systematic assessment defining challenges to be overcome to enable the success of individual university/corporate strategic partnerships.
- Develop master plan that fully addresses challenges so the strategic partnership can thrive and endure.
- Secure key partnerships, identify specific shared goals within each partnership, ascertain progressive benchmarks for success, and advance each partnership via targeted, economic-based projects and initiatives focused on innovation, talent, and professional training.
- Establish performance metrics and clear expectations for monitoring and measuring the advancement of the university/corporate partnership.
- Determine and outline longevity and sustainability of the partnership, including benefits that will be created as a result of the partnership.