Annual Merit Salary Increases,
Market and Equity Adjustment
Salary recommendations submitted to the Provost will be reviewed by the Office of Unclassified Affairs/University Compliance to assure that merit salary increases are consistent with evaluation ratings, that market and equity increases are documented separately from merit increases, and that individuals promoted receive the required adjustment. Any deviation in this process will be brought to the Provost's attention. The Provost will discuss any concerns with the Deans and the Vice-Presidents. If there are questions about this process, you may want to contact the Office of the Provost or the Office of Unclassified Affairs and University Compliance.
To recommend salary increases, the following information should be submitted to the Deans or appropriate Vice-Presidents for transmittal to the Provost.
- Name and rank of faculty/staff member
- Individual evaluation rating
- Current FY salary
- Promotion adjustment
- Recommended merit increase (% and $ amt) *
- Recommend market adjustment (% and $ amt) **
- Recommended equity adjustment (% and $ amt) **
- Recommended salary (including all adjustments) for upcoming FY
- Any written statements of unresolved differences submitted by faculty/staff members regarding their salary adjustments
* Must correspond to evaluation rating
**Must be accompanied by a letter of justification