Van Zile Hall
Built in 1926, Van Zile Hall, which is part of the Strong Complex, houses 68 male and female students on three floors. It features a student store, computer lab and a dining facility shared with Boyd and Putnam Halls.
Building construction and furnishings cost a total of about $200,000, and the design features Gothic characteristics similar to other buildings on campus. In 1990 a renovation transformed Van Zile into a suite-living style hall with single or double rooms and private or semi-private baths. The residence hall is named for Mary Pierce Van Zile, who served as dean of the Division of Home Economics and dean of women.