Seaton Court houses studios, shops and classrooms for engineering and architecture students. Its exterior walls form a quaint courtyard along with the walls of Seaton Hall.
Seaton Court is the oldest building on campus, constructed in 1875 for $7,500, including the cost of equipment. At that time the industrial arts program located inside offered several areas of vocational training such as wagon repair, carpentry and painting.
In 1876 a building was built behind this structure to be used as a foundry for instruction in blacksmithing. A north wing was added a few years later to provide space for woodwork shops, printing, telegraphy, household arts and music. Power machinery was installed in the woodshop in 1887. The structure was remodeled in 1977 and renamed Seaton Court.