FAQs - Class Rosters
- What is the difference between class rosters in KSIS and in K-State Online?
The KSIS class roster includes only those students who are officially enrolled in the class, have waitlisted for the class, or have dropped. The K-State Online roster contains the same students. However, K-State Online also allows faculty to manually add students and assistants to the roster. The K-State Online roster and associated tools are more robust than KSIS. However, for faculty not using K-State Online, the KSIS roster is a simple method to use.
- Is the SSN still used as the Student ID on class rosters?
No. The Wildcat ID # (or WID), which is found on all student and employee Wildcat ID cards, is used as the student identifying number on class rosters.
- Does KSIS include photographs of students as there are in K-State Online?
Not at this time.
- How can faculty or staff view a class roster from semesters prior to Fall 2008?
Class rosters prior to Fall 2008 are available on paper from the Registrar's Office.
- How do I know whether a student is taking the class as part of a graduate or undergraduate program or whether a student is enrolled as both a graduate and undergraduate student?
Each student’s program and plan, which includes an identifier of graduate or undergraduate, is listed on your roster. For example, “BA Undergraduate Degree - Mgmt Information Systems-B”, is listed in the Program and Plan column. When a student enrolls, he or she selects the “Career” of Graduate or Undergraduate for which the class is being enrolled under.
- In the KSIS class roster, does the “notify listed students” select all?
Yes, it selects all students currently showing on the Class Roster for an e-mail notification. This e-mail is then sent from within KSIS and does not use a separate e-mail client.
- How often are class rosters updated in KSIS?
Class rosters update real time as students add and drop classes.
- How does KSIS handle the dropping of students for no-shows the first day of classes per the University's Attendance Policy (registrar)?
Faculty should send to the Enrollment Services Office, 210 Willard Hall (or to K-State Salina Registrar's Office, 20G College Center) a copy of the KSIS class roster with the appropriate names of the students crossed out who should be dropped as no-shows the first day of classes.