Travel Award Process
Step 1: Apply for GSC Travel Award
Step 2: Monthly Application Review
- After each application deadline, applicants will be ranked by points awarded per criteria. Awards will be made beginning with the highest ranked applications.
- Due to the limited amount of funding, time of application submission will be used as the final evaluation criteria for students with the same point values.
Step 3: Notification of Award Recipients
- No more than 10 days after the application submission deadline, travel award recipients will be notified of their award amount via email and a complete list of all award recipients will be posted.
- Due to the limited availability of funds and the competitive nature of the awards, it is likely that some applicants will not receive funding. Applicants not awarded funds will be notified via email.
Step 4: Travel Occurs
Step 5: Submit Reimbursement Materials
Step 6: Receive Reimbursement Funds
- Allow 2-3 weeks to receive reimbursement check after turning in reimbursement packet.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed to the address provided on the W-9 form.
- Reimbursements for GRAs, GTAs, GAs and other university employees enrolled in direct deposit will be paid via direct deposit rather than via check.