Graduate Student Council Travel Awards
The Kansas State University Graduate Student Council (GSC) supports graduate student travel to professional events. Participation in these events provides students with opportunities to advance their research, network and enhances the graduate student experience at K-State as well as the visibility of the university.
The intent of GSC Travel Awards is to provide travel support to students presenting research at domestic and international conferences and meetings.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing (have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA) and must be enrolled in a graduate degree program at K-State during the semester of travel.
- Travel awards are intended for students with limited or no additional travel funding.
- Students are encouraged to use departmental funds, if available, before using GSC travel funds.
- Funds are distributed on a competitive basis through a formal application process.
- Priority is given to students presenting research.
- Within a fiscal year (July 1-June 30), a graduate student may be awarded a maximum of $500 for domestic travel. If a graduate student engages in international travel, he or she may be awarded a maximum of $750 within a fiscal year. See Award Types and Criteria for details.
Many departments and colleges will help support graduate student travel funding, please check with your department and/or college for more details.