Graduate Student Council Travel Awards
The Kansas State University Graduate Student Council (GSC) supports graduate student travel to professional events. Participation in these events provides students with opportunities to advance their research and build their professional network. Attending professional events also enhances the graduate student experience as well as the visibility of the university.
The intent of GSC Travel Awards is to provide travel support to students presenting research or scholarly/creative work at professional conferences and meetings. Students who are not presenting work at a conference may apply for travel funding, but priority will be given to those presenting research or creative/scholarly work. Travel awards are intended for students with limited or no additional travel funding, and students are encouraged to use departmental funds, if available, before using GSC travel funds. GSC travel awards are distributed on a competitive basis through a formal application process.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate degree program at K-State and must be in good academic standing (have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA). Graduate students are not eligible to receive a GSC travel award if they graduate before their event begins.
- Research or creative/scholarly work that will be presented must have been completed during the student’s graduate career at K-State. The GSC will not fund travel for work completed during an applicant’s undergraduate career or while pursing graduate studies at another institution.
- Within a fiscal year (July 1-June 30), a graduate student may be awarded a maximum of $500 for domestic travel (within the U.S.). If a graduate student engages in international travel (outside the U.S.), he or she may be awarded a maximum of $750 within a fiscal year. Students may NOT receive $500 for domestic travel and $750 for international travel within a fiscal year, but may receive a maximum of $750 for the fiscal year if they engage in international travel or a combination of international and domestic travel. See Award Criteria and Amounts for details.
Funding for the GSC travel awards is provided by
- Office of the President
- Student Governing Association
- Graduate School
- Kansas Space Grant Consortium
Additional Travel Funding Opportunities
Many departments and colleges provide financial support for graduate student travel. Below are links to travel award programs offered by colleges. Please check with your department and/or college for more details.