Inserting images and PowerPoint slides - Word for Mac 2008
Insert an image
- In your Word document, click where you want the image to appear.
- On the Insert menu, select Picture, then click From File.
- Select the image file you want and click Insert.
These image formats are best:
- GIF for images that are mostly text or simple shapes
- JPG or JPEG for photographic images
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics) for any type of image
Avoid using TIFF images because the files are extremely large, and the extra resolution they offer cannot be displayed on computer monitors. (This format is often used in print publications and for archival purposes, but it makes the document size much larger.)
Insert a PowerPoint slide
- In PowerPoint, click the View menu and click Slide Sorter.
- Click the slide you want to insert.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- In your Word document, click where you want to insert the slide.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
This will insert the entire PowerPoint slide as an image into your Word document.
When you need individual images from PowerPoint slides
- Avoid copying individual images from PowerPoint slides.
- If you need an individual image rather than the entire slide, get the original image that was used to create the slide and insert that image into Word.
- If you no longer have the original image, it may be possible to copy the image from the PowerPoint slide. Contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.