Download and open the ETDR template - Word 2010
To download the template:
- Go to the Templates page (http://www.k-state.edu/grad/etdr/template).
- Click the link for Masters theses/reports or Doctoral dissertations.
- When asked “Do you want to open or save this file,” click Save.
- Specify a filename and where you want to save the file. Be sure Word Document is selected in the Save As menu. Click Save.
To begin using the template:
- Start Microsoft Word.
- Open the template file you downloaded in the previous steps (masters.docx or doctoral.doc).
When you save your file, you may want to do two things:
- Rename it (for example, AnnSmith.doc).
- Save it in Compatibility Mode if you will share it with others who are using Word 2003 or older versions on their computer. To do this in the Save As menu, checkmark "Maintain compatibility with Word 97-2003" (.doc) and then click Save.