Add a new chapter heading or subheading - Word 2003
The template contains 3 sample chapters. Add your chapters by deleting the sample chapter heading and entering the text for your heading. Or, to create an additional chapter, follow these steps:
- Click where you want to insert the new chapter heading and insert a page break (see Section and Page Breaks).
- In the Task Pane, click Chapter 1-Heading 1 style. The chapter number will appear.
- Click after the chapter number and enter the text for the chapter heading.
Follow these steps to create a new subdivision within a chapter:
- Enter the text for the subheading.
- Click the style that appears in the Style Area next to the subheading.
- In the Task Pane, click the style you want to apply. Use “Heading 2” for a first-level subheading, “Heading 3” for a second-level subheading, etc.