Submit Your ETDR to K-REx
The K-State Research Exchange (K-REx) is the digital repository where your manuscript will be stored and made available to other researchers. The actual submission process takes only a few minutes, but it requires some preparation. Review the steps below or watch the video (mp4) before you go online to submit your ETDR.
- Have a PDF version of your ETDR and any supplemental files you want to submit handy.
- Open the Word or PDF version of your ETDR so you can copy/paste information into K-REx.
- Have your keywords and key phrases selected (1 minimum, 6 maximum). See guidelines for selecting keywords.
- Go to the K-REx homepage (http://krex.k-state.edu) and in the left menu under My Account, click Login.
- Enter your K-State eID and password not your entire e-mail address. Click the Sign in button.
- In the left menu under My Account, click Submissions and then Start a New Submission.
- On the Select a Collection screen, pull down the menu and click K-State Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports: 2004-.
- On the Describe Item section, enter or select the information listed below.
- If the pull-down menus for degree name, department, or major professor do not contain the selection you need, select the "Not Listed" option which appears at the top of each list and continue with your submission. The correct information will be added to your submission when it is reviewed by the Library.
- On the next screen, enter the following information and then click Next:
- Subject Keywords and Phrases: (1-6). Enter a keyword, then click Add. Repeat this process for each keyword. See the guidelines for selecting keywords and phrases.
- Abstract: Copy and paste your abstract into the Abstract box. Do not include the world "Abstract".
- Sponsors: (Optional) If an agency provided funding for your research, enter the name of the agency in the Sponsors box. Give the full name of the agency (no acronyms or abbreviations).
Upload a Single File and then click Next:
- On the Upload File(s) screen, click Choose File to locate the PDF file for your ETDR on your computer.
- Leave the File Description box blank.
Upload Multiple Files and then click Next:
- On the Upload File(s) page, click Choose File button to locate the first file to upload.
- In the File Description box, enter a brief description of the file. If the file is the PDF of your ETDR, enter "Dissertation," "Thesis," or "Report," as appropriate. If the file is a video recording, enter a brief description of the topic, for example, "Video of lab technique."
- Click the Add another file button.
- Repeat these steps until all your files are uploaded.
- On the Review Submission page, review the information and file(s) you've submitted. Click one of the Correct one of these buttons to edit any of the information or to select a different file.
- If you click any of the Correct one of these buttons, you will be taken back to the submission form to make revisions.
- If all the information is correct, click Next.
- At the bottom of the page, click I grant the License checkbox. This gives K-State permission to distribute your ETDR, but does not affect your copyright.
- Click Complete submission.
- You should now see the Submission Complete page. Be sure to Logout on the left side of the page.
- Your submission will now be reviewed by the Graduate School. Within 1-2 days, you should receive an email notice from "email@example.com" on the status of your submission.
- If your submission is approved, you will receive an email with the subject line "K-REx: Submission Approved and Archived." You can then go on to the next step in the submission process.
- If your submission is not approved, you will receive an email with the subject line "K-REx: Submission Rejected." This message will describe the revisions you need to make to your ETDR. You will need to make the revisions, save your file as a PDF, and submit the revised PDF file.
- When you are ready to submit your revised PDF, click the link in the email you received from the Graduate School. Alternatively, you can go directly to the K-REx homepage and Login.
- When you sign in, you will see your ETDR listed in the Unfinished Submissions section. Click the title of your ETDR and then click Resume.
- K-REx retains all previous information you entered about your ETDR. Click Next at the bottom of each screen until you see the Upload File(s) screen.
- Toward the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for the file you uploaded originally. Click the square checkbox just to the left of the filename, then click Remove selected files to remove the previous PDF.
- Click Choose File and locate the revised file on your computer. If you had entered text in the File Description box previously, re-enter that text. Click Next.
Within 1-2 days, you will receive an email from the Graduate School. If your submission is approved, you can go on to the next step in the submission process. If you submission is rejected, you will need to repeat steps 1 through 5 above.
3. Have your keywords and key phrases selected (1 minimum, 6 maximum). See guidelines for selecting keywords.